Monday, January 11, 2016

Customer Service.............What's That?

Customer Service is a lost entity and/or passing fad today.  I am amaze at the lack of professionalism and courtesy extended to buyers of goods, tax paying citizen and just the neighbor next door.  Every and I mean every, local government office and/or official I’ve contacted in the last year either ignores my correspondence (emails), blatantly lies to my face, is oblivious to what’s going on,  and/or plan just don’t care.   Some may say this an exaggeration, but in my experience lately in dealing with city- county government, restaurants, churches, etc.   I am absolutely appalled at the lack of concern shown by people who are working for a living, working for God, working for the public, working to survive.

I’ve read discussions in the news  of global concerns such as lack of competency of politician and people concern for our country well- being, but you really have to look no farther than your own backyard to find the same.    My mother had this saying when I was growing up, “clean up your own back yard, before you clean up someone else.”  This statement ringed true then and truly rings true today.   I welcome the day when people once again value people, customer service, neighbors, and their jobs.

No comments: