Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Bibb City/County (Macon) GA Animal Welfare Is Long Overdue for an Overhaul/Revamping


The below paragraphs is my initial reaction to Animal Welfare handling of my request.  The waters are still murky as to what actually unfolded in my simple request.  As I have said before, once a person loses trust in you, you have nothing.  A person word is their most powerful and valuable asset.   I’m waiting to see if my second request will be dealt with honestly and professionally, or will my doubts/initial reaction be validated.

It appears just as Lea’s cat is back to its old tricks, so is the Director of Macon’s Animal Welfare, Sonja Adams.   Today (June 27, 2016) I put an order in (SeeClickFix) for Animal Welfare to pick – up a cat that was trapped in my cage and to inform Ms. Adams that Lea’s cat was out on the prowl again after two weeks of absence from the neighborhood.  Well, needless to say she once again showed her true colors.   It appears her way of handling citizen concerns and /or calls is to mislead, distort, and bamboozle.  My present situation, I was told by her, the Department of AG would not allow a pick-up. It’s what I wasn’t told that makes me feel I had been bamboozled (Leaves Me SMH).   Because of my past experiences with Sonja Adams I knew to research and inquire to other resources.  And just as I had thought she did not level with me.   Because of my innate qualities, persistency and skepticism, I utilize all the available resources at my disposal.   It was discovered that I could deliver the cat myself to Animal Welfare, but that option was never disclosed.  To add more disgust to the situation….she posted, “sorry for the inconvenience”.  My question is, lady do you have no shame, compassion, and/or morals?

I tried to be civil towards her, but she has made it very difficult.  If not for City/County’s CSR , specifically, Ms. Mercer, there would not be civil communication between the two of us. But my patience are wearing thin.

She never responded to my second issue on SeeClickFix, Lea’s cat on top of a neighbor’s car (why Sonja allows this person to skirt the law, I don’t know), nor did she come back to inform me that the cat will be picked-up as I had requested.   I’ll let you guess whether I received documentation of the Dept. of Ag “stop/no pick –up order” from her assistant director.  Allow me to once again thank Ms. Mercer for intervening and bringing this lack of professionalism, conscientiousness, and overall integrity to a polite ending.  Would like to thank the Department of Agriculture for the information I received.  However, they would not send me documentation stating the information was misunderstood as I requested.  CYA extends all the way to the top.  “Oh, What a Tangled Web”.

Below is an email received from the assistant director June 27, 2016/ 9:20 am:

Cat in trap

Miss Patterson,

Will have someone out to pick up the cat in the trap ASAP.

Cson Johnson
Assistant Director

Mind you no mention of requested documentation.  I will in the future deal with Ms. Adams as my mother so often articulated, “feed her with a long handle spoon”.

The explanation given for the mix- up is, timing.  That is the time I made the request and the time they had the information.  I’m, however, skeptical of the explanation, because they never posted on SeeClickFix the correct information.  I’ll allow you to use your own judgement on this one, and I’ll keep my spoon handy.

No comments: