Thursday, March 15, 2018

Crime in Macon GA Black/POC Communities........Law Enforcement Leaves me SMH

The Neighborhood/Community
Thirteen news (13 WMAZ) reported several calls for assistance in this area (specifically this shot house) had been dismissed, because people are not available to report what happen.  If crime in Macon has taught law enforcement anything, it should be black folks don't report crime for fear of retaliation (not because they don't want to be called a snitch) and the one person that does, is left holding the bag(repercussions), vulnerable, and unprotected by law enforcement. Our middle -class/prominent counter part/s white citizens are immediately shelter/protected from crime in their neighborhoods when crime is reported. And they rally together to build an impenetrable fortress by organizing and even hiring private patrol of their neighborhood.


Law enforcement (Sheriff David Davis) keep doing the same thing and expecting different results,  whereas our dear broken record coroner (Leon Jones) keep saying the same things and expecting different outcomes.  Solution, a law needs to go into effect to condemn/shutdown/evict/arrest any tenant, business owner, and homeowner suspected of criminal activity on the spot, especially if they are doing business without a  license and/or interfering with the quiet enjoyment of law abiding citizens neighborhood/community. Black folks don't have the financial means to hire private law enforcement, don't have law enforcement personnel living in their neighborhood/communities, and/or agree on anything, much less organize an impenetrable fortress in their neighborhoods/communities when their neighborhoods peace and safety are threaten.  My people what you do have are mouths, legs, arms, bottom line away to communicate (voices-use them). Go-to/ call your precinct, go-to/call head law enforcement officials, go-to/call Macon-Bibb county government business office (in cases of suspected shot house, drug house, crack house  do determine if they have a license to sell alcohol/drugs/sex), email your commissioner to inform them what's happening on your street in their district (you don't have to give a specific house number-the drug squad will determine that by the traffic in and out of that house), and learn your municipal ordinances.  With NOTHING you can do much. 


Sheriff Davis and Coroner Jones guess what,  my neighborhood is now besiege my wypipo who are passing through, who never had a reason to  pass through my neighborhood before, but now they do.........drugs.

In recent weeks my neighborhood (HILLYER AVE) has succumb to/fell victim to what appears to be questionable criminal activity.  These people who participate in this type of activity show no fear of being exposed.  What do they have to lose? They have no jobs, no decent housing, no fear of law enforcement, drug induced, no one cares, and as one thirteen year old young man was over heard saying as he was being approach by officers to his friend, "they ain't gonna to do shit". What do you expect from a person who have lost all hope of ever becoming a respected and productive citizen?  What you should expect are drug infested and criminal prone neighbors/communities, and this is what you have in most of Macon, GA's black neighborhoods. 

Crime in neighborhoods like roaches in homes, screams... if you do NOTHING they will become worse/multiply.  Please don't clapback with bufffoonery and say black folk/parents need to get up off their behinds and do something.  I have phoned Sheriff Davis and ask for a face to face appointment, I have had an appointments with our mayor, I've posted on SEE CLICK FIX, I have ask my precinct to provide regular patrol and presence in my neighborhood, and I have been vigilant in keeping law enforcement informed.  If you do not live in my neighborhood and/or you are not black, you know NOTHING about what I've done, what I should do, and what it feels like to be dismissed/ignored.

Update: I would like to go on record stating, April 05, 2018,  "my" neighborhood is now being monitor weekly by some of the top law enforcement officers of Macon-Bibb Law Enforcement.  It's important that you do everything to protect the safety and quiet enjoyment of your community and use your "VOICE" to assist/help law enforcement do their job.  Thanks Sheriff David Davis for having such top-notch officers/deputies monitoring my neighborhood........makes me proud.

Update: Although my neighborhood is being monitor, I still get passed around like a hot potato.  It appears impossible to have one contact to communicate issue and that person is genuinely looking for ways to resolve those issues, or something as simple as understanding what laws governed the issue you presented.  Bibb Law Enforcement needs race - relationship training in order to combat crime in the black community.  I still sense the same 1950's mentality in law enforcement personnel I come in contact with whether it be administration and/or deputies

Update: As of May of this year.  It appears Macon, GA government officials has given up on addressing the multitude of problems in my neighborhood.  No law enforcement presence, stray cats/neighbor cats roaming streets, drugs are being sold in my neighbor, and I've been systematically blacklisted and censored from speaking out on these issues.  I can only conclude the short time issues were address it was to "shut me up".

No comments: